

I giggled to myself as I read this morning's Standard Newspaper Pulse Magazine. The Style Up section, where they interview a different local celebrity every Friday, focused on Edith Kimani (A KTN News Anchor) this week.
When asked the question "What is your fashion steal?", Edith Kimani decided to say: "My Christian Louboutin heels. They are sexy, comfortable and they are the real deal considering how much money I spent on them."
Let me do the math for you guys....
Average price of a pair of Christian Louboutin heels: $1,500; That is 120,000 Kenya Shillings. (That is 3.5 million Uganda shillings for my readers in Uganda, and 2.2 million Tanzanian shillings for my readers huko Tanzania.)
Average salary of a beginning KTN News Anchor: Approx. 60,000 Kenya Shillings per month (just under a thousand dollars)
Soooo... dearest 21 year old, USIU student, Edith Kimani, do you really own Christian Louboutins? And if you do, who bought them for you??? A sugar daddy??? How sweet of him.. (no pun intended)
Whatever.
Lets not start 2011 telling lies sweetheart.
No comments:
Post a Comment